by shearyadi | October 9, 2007 1:01 am
Sam Allardyce is reported not satisfied with the Lads performance yesterday with a 3-2 win against Everton. He said that the Newcastle defenders are still have some defensive problems to iron out.
Allardyce said today: “Obviously, I’ve got some concerns that we conceded two goals. The first one was very poor defensively from a back four and midfield point of view.”But, later on he also admitted that there are significant improvement from what they have done last week-end.
However, at certain stages of our last game when we were in complete control, Allardyce added that his team should have nullified Everton’s attacking when they were in their best spell, especially in the start of the second half.
“We didn’t do that and they scored. So that’s something to work on.”
Big Sam also handed a first Premier League start to Jose Enrique and he was happy with his new boys. Jose produces some excellent passing and defending well when not with the ball.
Speaking about Emre’s return to the squad, Allardyce says that he was pleased to hear that he had no intention of leaving Tyneside after inaccurate newspaper reports suggested he had tried to engineer a move back to Turkey.
Emre speaks with his own words about his decision to stay and fight for his place in Toon squad by firing a stunning goal before setting up the third goal for Michael Owen.
“It was a terrific goal and then of course he’s set up Michael for what turned out to be an important third,” said Allardyce.
Meanwhile, the 52-year-old boss feels sorry for Smith fifth yellow card that causing him out of the Tottenham game. He said that Smith reputation in the past get him booked which is a big disappointment.
Smith linked very well with Oba Martins yesterday and has given Sam Allardyce the best second pair option in Newcastle striking force beside the first choice in Viduka-Owen.
Source URL: https://www.magpieszone.com/no-one-can-be-100-satisafied/
Copyright ©2022 Magpieszone unless otherwise noted.