by shearyadi | October 31, 2007 5:41 am
Brilliant footballers adapted their thoughts into the game much almost everyday. They have not talking too much, but as soon as they have say something, their words could change the whole team. Recently one of Newcastle United’s player quotes about his thoughts to other team mates which causing media booming and speculations.
Meanwhile, all managers of Newcastle United are used to be the Talk of the Toon, although not all of them have been wise enough when commented such thing.
Below are some of the quotes from United players and managers. I will try to collect any quotes from the players and managers and will post them in one single page later.
Newcastle United player quotes
“I loves Newcastle…until Gordon Lee took over”
– Malcolm Macdonald in 1976 about the reason why he is leaving for Arsenal.
“The worst thing for me was that it was a nothing kind of injury, really. I wouldn’t have minded so much if it was a crunching tackle or someone had done me while I’d been trying to score a goal”
– Alan Shearer on his 1997 worst injury
“Being turned down by Liverpool was the lowest moment of my life, but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise”
– John Beresford signing speech for Newcastle United
“I didn’t come here for the culture or the climate, but I want to adapt. I have discovered Newcastle Brown Ale and my ambition is to speak Geordie as well as Peter Beardsley”
– David Ginola
“Warren Barton is the best-dressed footballer I’ve ever seen. In training, we are all in tracksuits and he arrives in shirt, trousers and shoes. We call him the Dog, as in the dog’s bollocks”
– Robert Lee on his fashion-conscious team-mate
Newcastle United manager quotes
“There will be no stars on Tyneside”
– Gordon Lee and his freaking philosophy that make Malcolm leave
“We never got started, and I’ll never understand it to this day”
– Joe Harvey on the 1974 FA Cup defeat
“Sometimes he would make me tear my hair out”
– Kevin Keegan describes about Robert Lee
“Scoring means alot to him. He is desperate to succeed at the highest level”
– Kenny Dalglish explaining Temuri Ketsbaia’s extra-ordinary goal celebration against Bolron, January 1998
“Kevin phoned and said, ‘We’re going back, pal! We’re going to change that club around”
– Terry McDermott recalls Kevin Keegan call before they managed Newcastle United
Source URL: https://www.magpieszone.com/newcastle-united-fc-quotes/
Copyright ©2021 Magpieszone unless otherwise noted.