New Customers Only | Commercial content | 18+
After being send-off in ridiculous way by the disastrous referee Rob Styles on Monday night fixture against Manchester City, a good news coming today for United defender Habib Beye as his appeal against his sending off is have been cleared by the FA authority.
His straight red card after just 12 minutes in the 2-2 draw at St James' Park has no solid evidence after the replays shown that Beye won the ball when challenging City cheating forward Robinho in the penalty area.
Full-back Beye, therefore, chose to question the dismissal and the Football Association has decided to over turn the red card.
From the FA statement, as quoted from Sky, said “At a regulatory commission hearing today, a claim for wrongful dismissal from Newcastle United defender Habib Beye was upheld.”
“As a result, Beye's one-match suspension has been withdrawn.”
Beye is now free to play on the Wear-Tyne derby at macKem's land this Saturday. With Beye appearance on the right-back, JFK now has more solid defence to answer the challenge from Roy Keane as he wants to end a dismal ‘FOREVER' record of more than a quarter of a century without a home win.
United side could have been more stronger this weekend as Joey Barton has pledge his willingness to pay his debt for the support from the club that he received during his dark period as United player.
In an article on the Journal today, he says. “One thing I do know is I am sober. I have not had a drink for 10 months – since December 27. That’s a start.”
Joe Kinnear could name Barton among the substitutes for this Saturday fixture against the macKem, but Michael Owen remains on doubt after failing to recover from his latest groin strain injury during the training last week.